Question: 1 a secondyear nursing student has to prepare medication cards...
1. A second-year nursing student has to prepare medication cards for clinical on adrenocortical agents. The specific medication cards that have to be prepared are for prednisone (Deltasone) and fludrocortisone (Florinef). Additionally, the student nurse has to prepare a patient teaching plan for mineralocorticoids.
a. What are the key nursing implementation teaching points that need to be reviewed with a patient receiving an adrenocortical agent?
2. A Diabetes registered nurse educator is preparing an in-service presentation for student nurses on agents to control blood glucose levels for diabetes mellitus. The in-service will include a brief review of the pathophysiology of diabetes mellitus. Drugs to be included in the presentation will include insulin, chlorpropamide (Diabinese), glyburide (Micronase), and metformin (Glucophage).
i. What alterations in metabolic pathways and changes to basement membranes occur with diabetes mellitus?
3. A second-year nursing student is tutoring a first-year nursing student about the cardiovascular system, which is responsible for delivering oxygen and nutrients to all the cells of the body and for removing waste products for excretion.
- What is the capillary fluid shift, including factors that influence the movement of fluid?
- What are the therapeutic actions and most common adverse reactions for aspirin, heparin, and urokinase?