Question: 1 consider a demandpaging system with the following timemeasured utilizations...
1. Consider a demand-paging system with the following
time-measured utilizations: CPU utilization 20% Paging disk 5%
Other I/O devices 97%
Indicate which will improve system utilization and explain your answer.
a. Install a faster CPU .
b. Install a bigger paging disk.
c. Increase the degree of multiprogramming.
d. Decrease the degree of multiprogramming.
e. Install more main memory.
f. Install a faster hard disk or multiple controllers with multiple hard disks.
g. Add prepaging to the page-fetch algorithms.
h. Increase the page size.
2. Calculate the total head movements for the following queues using LOOK head starts at 53
98, 183, 37, 122, 14, 124, 65, 67
3. How is X-RAID or Hybrid RAID different than regular RAID levels?
4. Calculate the total head movements for the following queues using C-LOOK head starts at 53
46, 73, 11, 20, 151, 115, 130, 49
5. Perform FCFS scheduling on the following process schedule (assume each process comes in right after another) and state the average wait time
Hint: Do a gnatt chart
Process Burst Time