Question: 1 during the argument travis was able to identify a...
1. During the argument, Travis was able to identify a word his
wife used that sparked his frustration and anger more than anything
else. When Travis would make a point that would frustrate his wife,
she would look at him, toss her hand in the air, and say,
"Whatever." This example illustrates a ______________ for
c. Abstract word
d. Trigger word
2. True or False: When you are speaking, it's wise to use as few concrete words as possible to avoid miscommunication.
3. True or False: '' All older people are poor drivers" is an example of illness.
4. True or False: To you, the word "apartment" might mean a comfortable place to relax at the end of the day or sitting in which to entertain friends. This subjective meaning of the word " apartment" is the connotative meaning.
5. True or False: The dictionary defines " apartment" as " a room or suite of rooms used as a residence." This literal definition is the denotative meaning of the word "apartment."
6. True or False: Meaning is in the sender, not the receiver of the message.
7. True or False: Terms like "mailman," " policeman," or "stewardess" are an example of sexist language.