Question: 1 find the coordinates of the points on the graph...
1. Find the coordinates of the points on the graph below whose y-coordinate is 4.
2. Give three examples of points on the x-axis.
3. What do the three points in the previous problem have in common?
4. Give three examples of points on the y-axis.
5. What do the three points in the previous problem have in common?
6. Solutions to an equation in one variable are numbers. What are solutions to an equation in 2 variables called?
7. Give an example of a point in the fourth quadrant.
8. There is one point on both the x-axis and the y-axis. What are the coordinates of this point?
9. If a point is in the third quadrant then each of its coordinates is ___________.
10. Each point on the graph of an equation is a ___________ of the equation.
11. Sketch a graph on the coordinate plane that does not have a y-intercept.
12. Explain how x-intercepts of the graph of an equation are found algebraically.