Question: 1 identify the major types of carbohydrates and give 3...
1. Identify the major types of carbohydrates and give 3 examples of food sources for each.
• 2. List the alternative sweeteners that can be used to reduce sugar intake.
• 3. Describe recommendations for carbohydrate intake and health risks caused by low or excessive intakes.
• 4. List the functions of carbohydrates in the body.
• 5. Explain how carbohydrates are digested and absorbed.
• 6. Explain the cause, effects and dietary treatment for lactose intolerance.
• 7. Describe the regulation of blood glucose, conditions caused by blood glucose imbalance, types of diabetes, and dietary treatment for diabetes.
• 8. Describe dietary measures to reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.