Question: 1 in the preservation of organic matter in source rocks...
1. In the preservation of organic matter in source rocks what is the critical molecule / element that needs to be absent and describe what can happen if it is present?
2. In the maturation of organic matter in source rocks what are the two most important factors in the conversion to hydrocarbons? (2 marks) Which is more dominant and why?
3. What is the major Non-Marine or Continental hydrocarbon Source Rock and what is it composed of?
4. As marine source rocks are increasingly buried they go through what sequence of major hydrocarbon generation windows?
5. What is Primary hydrocarbon Migration and what is the major physical property that drives it?
6. What is the major factor in calling an O&G accumulation a Structural trap?