Question: 1 the 354 accounting students represent 40 percent of the...
1. The 354 Accounting students represent 40 percent of the total students in the College of Business at Western University. What is the total number of students in the College of Business?
2. The wholesale price of Brewer’s gourmet coffee has increased 28 percent. The increase brought the price up to $22 per pound. How much was the original wholesale price per pound?
3. A 48-inch TV is being sold in a Labor Day sale at Electronics City for $759.99. The sale price is a 20% markdown from the original price. What was the original price?
4. Flo’s beauty shop pays 5.00 per bottle of hair spray from their distributor. They markup the spray 40% for sale to their customers. Find the markup amount($) and the selling price.
5. A pair of athletic shoes is priced at $39.95 after a 25% reduction from the original price. What was the original price of the shoes?