Question: 1 the unit manager meets with the staff to alert...
1. The Unit Manager meets with the staff to alert them of a staffing problem. The unit Manager informs the staff they are to develop a plan to address the problem by the end of the month and it will not matter how they do it as long as all the shifts are staffed for the upcoming month. This Unit Manager’s management style can be describe as?
- Quantum or -Servant or - Laissez-faire or - Democratic
2. Mr. A, the nurse manager of an outpatient mental health clinic, is reviewing laboratory data for clients seen in the clinic. Which of the following client’s data warrants notifying the psychiatric doctor?
- The client on lithium (Eskalith) whose serum lithium level is 2.0 mEq/L. OR
- The client on clozapine (Clozaril) whose white blood cell count is 10,000. or
- The client on alprazolam (Xanax) whose potassium level is 3.7mEq/L. OR
- The client on divalproex sodium (Depakote) who has a Depakote level 60 µg/ml.
3.Staff nurse is concerned about possible increase in the DVT rates among the clients on the unit returning from surgery. The nurse has noticed that several clients have had this problem over the last month. Which action would be appropriate for the staff nurse to implement first?
- Volunteer to be on a committee to research the DVT rate. OR
- Discuss the infection rate with the supervisor. or
-Assume the Quality control nurse is monitoring the situation. or
- Contact the clinician to discuss the problem.