Question: 13 what has lead to greater number of measles outbreaks...
13. What has lead to greater number of measles outbreaks in recent years?
- new strains of measles have occurred that the vaccine is not effective against
- the MMR vaccine is no longer effective.
- lower rates of measles vaccination in the general population
- failure of people to properly wash their hands
14. Being exposed to environmental tobacco smoke (living or working with a smoker) ___________________________.
- Has little or no effect on your cardiovascular risk
- May cause your blood pressure to be low.
- Increases your cardiovascular risk more than currently being a smoker
- May increase your cardiovascular risk as much as being a former smoker
15. BMI takes into account the overall % body fat
17. Which of the following lists the CORRECT order of passage of food through our digestive tract?
- mouth → esophagus → pharynx → stomach → small intestine → large intestine
- mouth → pharynx → esophagus → stomach → large intestine → small intestine
- mouth → pharynx → esophagus → stomach → small intestine → large intestine
- mouth → esophagus → pharynx → stomach → large intestine → small intestine
18. I had a smoothie in my refrigerator and wanted to find out what was in it, I tested it and here are my results:
Benedicts test: orange
Iodine test: black
Sudan IV test: large red droplets
Biuret test: blue
It must contain:
- starch, sugar, and protein
- fats, sugars, protein, and starch
- fats, sugar, and starch
- fats, sugars, and protein
- fats and sugars
19. How would the kidneys react if blood pressure dropped from 120/80 to 100/60?
- by shutting down.
- by excreting salts into the urine
- by removing excess water as urine
- by conserving as much water as possible
20. If the heart's SA node were stop sending impulses to the AV node what would most likely occur
- the valves of the heart would stay open
- the AV node would take over as the pacemaker and the heart would function normally
- a heart attack
- an arrhythmia likely leading to cardiac arrest
21. Veins carry
- oxygen-rich blood
- blood toward the heart
- blood away from the heart
- oxygen-poor blood
22. If a person does not have enough biologically available calcium in their diet, which of the following is most likely happening
- too much high impact exercise, such as running on hard ground has weakened the bones
- osteoblasts are breaking down bone
- not consuming enough iron and calcium has caused the bones to stop producing red bloods cells and become weak
- osteoclasts are breaking down bone faster than osteoblasts are creating
23. In person with Type II diabetes, which is the most likely way the body will respond after consuming a sugary snack:
- glucagon is released, blood glucose levels continue to increase
- no insulin is released, blood glucose levels remain high
- insulin is released and blood glucose levels return to normal
- insulin will be released, blood glucose levels remain high
28. When considering the microbiome, which of the following could have negative effects on it?
- having furry pets
- breast feeding infants
- overuse of sanitizers in homes of young children
- consuming a variety of foods