Question: 20 select the scenario in which a decision argument could...
20. Select the scenario in which a decision argument could be most helpful:
A commercial real estate executive is writing a memo about the strengths and weaknesses of the firm's marketing program.
The U.S. postal service faces an uncertain future. A postal official addresses an in-house meeting about adapting the organization for the 21st century.
A manager is presenting to a group of other senior technicians and product specialists. Her topic is the repeated failure of a part in one of the machines the company manufactures.
21. The outline below is the most logical order of elements of a decision argument:
I. Statement of Decision to be Made
II. Statement of Criteria
III. Statement of Recommendation
IV. Statement of Decision Options
V. Proof of Decision
VI. Rebuttal of Other Options
22. What is the most important element of an evaluation argument?
Terms of the evaluation
Number of pros and cons
23. Select the scenario in which an evaluation argument could be most helpful:
A bank officer is preparing a list of the bank's 100 largest loans.
The vice mayor for a large city is considering new approaches for convincing businesses to offer summer jobs to young people.
An assistant general manager is planning a memo that compares the success of strategies competitors have been using.
None of the above.
24. When a situation or outcome needs a causal explanation, a diagnostic argument is needed.
25. Select the scenario in which a diagnostic argument could be most helpful:
A product manager is revising an outdated marketing plan.
An accounting manager must report on why Selling, General, and Administrative expenses have jumped recently.
An accounting manager needs to write a report about the updated costs of three information technology systems.
None of the above.