Question: 4 identify which of the possible unknowns for this experiment...
4. Identify which of the possible unknowns for this experiment would give the following behavior.
- A clear, colorless solution of the unknown tested acidic to indicator paper.
- Testing with indicator paper indicate that the solution had an acidic pH.
- Nothing was observed when KOH was added to the first test tube.
- Nothing was observed when AgNO3(aq) was added to the second test tube.
- A white precipitate formed when BaCl2(aq) was added to the third test tube.
(Note that under the conditions used in our lab experiment, Ag2SO4 does not form a precipitate.) Write a balanced molecular equation including states of matter for the reaction observed between this compound and BaCl2.