Question: 9 flour is sold in four different size packets which...
9. Flour is sold in four different size packets. Which is the best buy?
A 450 g for $1.98
B 600 g for $2.60
C 800 kg for $3.42
D 1.5 kg for $6.80
10. The Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) of Darwin is + 9.5 hours and the UTC of Los Angeles is −8 hours. When the time in Darwin is 5 pm Friday, what is the time in Los Angeles?
A 11:30 pm Thursday
B 11:30 am Friday
C 10:30 am Saturday
D 10:30 pm Saturday
11. Megan is 23 years old and has been driving for 3 years. She needs to make a claim on her comprehensive motor vehicle insurance as the driver at-fault in a car accident. The following excesses apply to claims for at-fault motor vehicle accidents:
• Basic excess of $600 for each claim
• An additional age excess of $1100 for drivers under 25 years of age
• An additional age excess of $450 for drivers 25 years of age or over with no more than 2 years driving experience How much would Stefan be required to pay as excess?
B $600 + $450
C $600 + $1100
D $600 + $1100 + $450
12. What is the interest earned if $900 is invested for 8 months at a simple interest rate of 2.5% p.a?