Question: add the following to the document head set the character...
Add the following to the document head:
- Set the character encoding of the file to utf-8.
- Add the following search keywords: math, Euler, pi, and geometry.
- Set the title of the document to Leonhard Euler (1707-1783).
- Link the document to the ms_base.css and ms_layout.cssstyle sheet files.
Add a header, article, aside, nav, and footer element to the document body.
Within the body header, insert an inline image for the ms_logo.png file with the alternate text Math Strings.
Go to the ms_pages.txt file and copy the text of the main article (located in the first section of the file), including the title. Then, go to the ms_euler.html file and paste the copied text into the article element.
Within the article element, make the following markup changes:
- Mark the text Leonhard Euler (1707-1783) as an h1 heading.
- Mark the three paragraphs of the article content using the pelement.
- In the first paragraph, mark the names Leonhard Euler and Jean Bernoulli as strong text. Mark the phrase 800 different books and papers as emphasized text.
- In the second paragraph mark the works Introductio in analysin infinitorum (1748) and Lettres à une princesse d’Allemagne (1768-1772) as citations. Insert the àcharacter using the character reference à.
- In the third paragraph, mark the mathematical symbols e and πusing the var (variable) element. Insert the π character by replacing [pi] with the πcharacter reference.
Return to the ms_pages.txt and copy the text of the second section containing information about Euler’s Equation, the most beautiful equation in math. Then, go to the ms_euler.html file and paste the copied text into the aside element.
Within the aside element, add the following markup:
- Mark the title The Most Beautiful Equation in Math? as an h1heading.
- Mark the two equations in the pasted text using the codeelement. Mark the three other text groups as paragraphs.
- Throughout the text of the aside element, mark x, I, e, xi, and pi using the var element, replacing [pi] from the pasted text with the character reference π.
- Use the sup element in the following equations to mark
xiand πi as superscripts:
- cos(x) + isin(x) = exi
- eπi + 1 = 0
- Mark the text The Mathematical Intelligencer as a citation.
Return to the ms_pages.txt file and copy the text of the third section listing more ways to learn about Euler. Then, go to the ms_euler.htmlfile and paste the copied text into the nav element.
Within the nav element, add the following markup:
- Mark the title Learn more about Euler as an h1 heading.
- Mark the four Euler websites as an unordered list.
- Change the text of the Euler websites to hypertext links
pointing to the following URLs:
- Euler at Wikipedia linked to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonhard_Euler
- The Euler Archive linked to http://eulerarchive.maa.org/
- Euler at Biography.com linked to http://www.biography.com/people/leonhard-euler-21342391
- Euler at Famous Scientists linked to http://www.famousscientists.org/leonhard-euler
Within the footer element, insert the text Math Strings: A Site for Educators and Researchers.