Question: andnbsp scenario andndash mr george mcfarlane imr george mcfarlane is a 53...
Scenario – Mr George McFarlane
I:Mr George McFarlane is a 53 year old male.
S:George has presented to the accident and emergency department with a history of chest pain which started yesterday as he was driving back from an interstate trip.
B:George’s past Medical History (PMHx) include:
· Type ll Diabetes needing close management. Records BGL daily
· Osteoarthritis in L) Knee
· Allergy to Penicillin
Social History (SHx):
· Married for 5 years to Yu Yan, who is of Chinese heritage, she speaks English well
· Occupation: Long Haul truck driver, often isolated from family and friends as on the road and away from home due to work. Speaks to wife daily when away.
· ETOH (Alcohol) usage on a regular basis
· Smoker, averages 15cigarettes per day
· Often consumes take away/ fast food diet as away from home regularly
· Sedentary lifestyle, often watches TV to cope with stress. Little to no exercise
A:Mr McFarlane is 118kg and 180cm in height. Current vital signs Resp 26, O2Sats 97% on room air (RA), BP 170/90, HR 110, Temp 37.
QUESTION: Coronary heart disease (CHD) risk factors can be divided into non-modifiable and modifiable.
a. Outline your understanding of modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors
b. Provide at least two (2) examples,each, of modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors for George.