Question: andnbsp scenario andndash mr george mcfarlane imr george mcfarlane is a 53...
Scenario – Mr George McFarlane
I:Mr George McFarlane is a 53 year old male.
S:George has presented to the accident and emergency department with a history of chest pain which started yesterday as he was driving back from an interstate trip.
B:George’s past Medical History (PMHx) include:
· Type ll Diabetes needing close management. Records BGL daily
· Osteoarthritis in L) Knee
· Allergy to Penicillin
Social History (SHx):
· Married for 5 years to Yu Yan, who is of Chinese heritage, she speaks English well
· Occupation: Long Haul truck driver, often isolated from family and friends as on the road .
· ETOH (Alcohol) usage on a regular basis
· Smoker, averages 15cigarettes per day
· Often consumes take away/ fast food diet as away from home regularly and Sedentary lifestyle,
A:Mr McFarlane is 118kg and 180cm in height. Current vital signs Resp 26, O2Sats 97% on room air (RA), BP 170/90, HR 110, Temp 37.
George has presented with a history of acute chest pain
a) How would you assess this situation?
b) Describe the signs and symptoms of unstable angina?
c) What is the role of Enrolled Nurse when an individual complains of chest pain including who you would notify.