Question: answer the question true or false 1 in the pipelined...
Answer the question true or false:
1. In the pipelined processor, all control signals can be immediately set after the current instruction is decoded in the 2nd stage.
2. The critical path in the single-cycle design is referred to as lw instruction.
3. Increasing the depth of pipeline(i.e., number of stages) can proportionally improve the overall performance.
4. Underflow in the floating-point representation means that a negative exponent becomes too large to fit in the exponent field.
5. When implementing the hardware for 32-bit integer division, the remainder and the quotient can share the 64-bit space for better utilization.
6. There is always a trade-off between precision and range when representing a floating-point number because a fixed size is used.