Question: colah company purchased 30 million of jackson inc 5 bonds...
Colah Company purchased $3.0 million of Jackson, Inc. 5% bonds at par on July 1, 2018, with interest paid semi-annually. When the bonds were acquired Colah decided to elect the fair value option for accounting for its investment. At December 31, 2018, the Jackson bonds had a fair value of $3.40 million. Colah sold the Jackson bonds on July 1, 2019 for $2,700,000.
- The purchase of the Jackson bonds on July 1.
- Interest revenue for the last half of 2018.
- Any year-end 2018 adjusting entries.
- Interest revenue for the first half of 2019.
- Any entry or entries necessary upon sale of the Jackson bonds on July 1, 2019.
1. Prepare Colah’s journal entries for above transaction.
2. Fill out the following table to show the effect of the Jackson bonds on Colah’s net income, other comprehensive income, and comprehensive income for 2018, 2019, and cumulatively over 2018 and 2019.