Question: concurrent or parallel execution can contribute to issues involving the...
Concurrent or parallel execution can contribute to issues involving the integrity of data shared by several processes. Furthermore, the growing importance of multicore systems has brought an increased emphasis on developing multithreaded applications. It’s important that changes resulting from running multiple threads do not interfere with one another.
- To ensure the data integrity of the threads, it’s important to
have process synchronization and coordination among cooperating
processes. The critical section problem is an important
consideration in process synchronization. Please discuss the
critical section problem. At a minimum, this discussion must
include the following:
- An explanation of critical section and its important feature(s)
- An explanation of the critical section problem
- The requirements a solution to the critical section problem must satisfy
- The general approaches used to handle critical sections in operating systems