Question: corazon manufacturing company has a purchasing department staffed by five...
Corazon Manufacturing Company has a purchasing department staffed by five purchasing agents. Each agent is paid $32,000 per year and is able to process 4,000 purchase orders. Last year, 17,800 purchase orders were processed by the five agents.
1. Calculate the activity rate per purchase order.
$ per purchase order
2. Calculate, in terms of purchase orders, the:
|a.||Total activity availability||purchase orders|
|b.||Unused capacity||purchase orders|
3. Calculate the dollar cost of:
|a.||Total activity availability||$|
4. Express total activity availability in terms of activity capacity used and unused capacity. Express the formula in terms of EITHER dollars OR purchase orders.
|Total activity availability||Activity capacity used||Unused capacity|
5. What if one of the purchasing agents agreed to work half time for $16,000?
a. How many purchase orders could be processed by four and a half purchasing agents?
b. What would unused capacity be in purchase orders?