Question: decide whether or not each scenario is or is not...
Decide whether or not each scenario is or is not learning and describe your rationale for each example.
Examples of learning 1. The cessation (stopping) of thumb sucking by an infant
2. The acquisition of language in children.
3. A worm is placed in a T maze. The left arm of the maze is brightly lit and dry; the right arm is dim and moist. On the first 10 trials, the worm turns right 7 times. One the next 10 trials, the worm turns right all 10 times.
4. Mary stays up late the night before the ACT exams in April and consumes a large about of pharmacological agents. Her score was 19. The night before the June ACT exams, she goes to bed early after a wholesome dinner and a glass of milk. Her score increases to 23. Is the change in scores due to learning? Is the change in scores related to learning?
5. A geranium plant is pinched back and begins to grow denser foliage and flowers.
6. After Mary worked on a difficult math equation for hours she is able to solve it. From that point on, she can solve all similar types of problems quickly.
7. After smoking for 25 years, Floyd throws away his cigarettes and never smokes again.
8. MYCIN is a computer program that is able to diagnose human infections by consulting a database of rules. If we add another rule to the database, has MYCIN learned?