Question: discuss the role of dance in one of the films...
discuss the role of dance in one of the films listed below—how are the dance sequences used to develop the plot and/or individual characters and relationships? What makes the dances significant or important in the film? How do the dances color your perceptions of the characters or the story? What do movement sequences and music choices tell the viewer about these characters? Discuss the use of dance in the plot through the arc of the film and select at least three specific scenes to analyze which demonstrate character development through movement choices/choreography in those particular scenes.
Please do NOT summarize the film—
- Swing Kids (Robert Sean Leonard, Christian Bale) PG-13
- Honey (Jessica Alba) PG-13
- Shall We Dance? (Koji Yakusho, Tamiyo Kusakari) PG
- Shall We Dance? (Richard Gere, Jennifer Lopez) PG-13
- Tap (Gregory Hines) PG-13
- Save the Last Dance (Julia Stiles, Sean Patrick Thomas) PG-13
- Strictly Ballroom (Paul Mercurio, Tara Morice) PG
- Dancers (Mikhail Baryshnikov, Julie Kent) PG
- One Last Dance (Patrick Swayze, Lisa Neimi) PG-13
- Dancer (Sergei Polunin) NR
- WarDance PG-13