Question: equipment audio transformer cro audio generator 100 and 1k resistors...
100Ω and 1kΩ resistors
Connect the circuit as shown below.
- Apply a 1kHz sinusoidal signal of 5V p-p to the primary of the transformer.
Using a CRO measure and record the output waveform.
What can be said about the turns ratio between primary and secondary?
- With the same input voltage now connect the signal generator across terminals P3 and P4.
Again measure and record the output. Why has the output changed?
- Apply a 10kΩ resistor across the secondary and record the amplitude. Was there any appreciable change?
- Now apply a 1kΩ across the output. Record the output voltage. Did it change and if so why?
- Wire up the original circuit but change the frequency to 20kHz and record the output.
- Now change the input to a 10kHz. Square wave of 5V p-p.
Measure and record the output. Was it as expected? Explain.
- In a small conclusion discuss your results.