Question: equipment universal board cro function generator diodes 1n4007or1n4001 resistors 1k...
This circuit uses a diode to rectify the analog ac input signal.
In this exercise we will:
Identify and test the components used.
Assemble the circuit for correct operation. If the circuit is not giving the desired output, find the fault in the circuit.
Use the CRO to observe and measure the output and the input waveforms of the circuit.
1. Build the circuit on the universal board.
2 Connect a signal generator to the input and set it to sinusoidal ac signal of 2Vp-p and 1KHz.
3 Connect an Oscilloscope to observe and measure the output signal and the input signal.
4. With the signal generator connected to the input, vary the amplitude of the AC input voltage and record the output in the table below.
5. What kind of waveform do you observe at the output?
6. Vary the frequency of the input signal and observe if it affects the working of the circuit and the output waveform.
7. Research information on a rectifier circuit and discuss your results in conclusion.
Hand in a neatly written up report based on this practical at the beginning of the next class.