Question: exercise 1 a program of 385 instructions 2 bytes per...
- A program of 385 instructions (2 bytes per instructions) is stored in a RAM memory at a starting address (F200)H. What would be the address corresponding to the last instruction of this program? (show details of your steps)
- Can a 3bits addition operation be executed in an 8-bits CPU? Justify your answer.
- Is it possible for the PIC18 microcontroller to execute simultaneously an addition operation involving 7 operands? (i.e. in one instruction cycle). Justify your answer
- Which of the following hardware resources are available in the PIC18 microcontroller? (select all applicable)
- Instruction register
- ROM memory
- Memory cache
- 16 bits-ALU
- Why someone would needs to use a microprocessor instead of a microcontroller in an embedded hardware system? (In one sentence only)
- Which register of the CPU holds the address of the instruction to be fetched?
- Give three embedded systems, which use a microcontroller as the processing engine.
a. Embedded system 1:
b. Embedded system 2:
c. Embedded system 3:
- which of the following hardware resources is not part of a CPU: (select all applicable)
b. Memory cache
c. Instruction register
d. Program counter
f. Status Register
In a given byte-addressable computer, memory locations 50000H to 9FFFFH are available for user programs. The address bus of the memory is 28 bits and the CPU has a 16 bits ALU. Determine the following:
- Which of the address bus or data bus is a bidirectional bus?
- Give example (only one example) of what may be stored in the non-user program?
- The total number of Kbytes available in the memory for the user programs
- The total number of Kbytes available in the memory for not-user programs