Question: figure 1 this figure shows chlorophyll a and secchi depth...
Figure 1. This figure shows Chlorophyll A and Secchi depth for each of the four sites. There is also a trend line to show the overall shape of the data.
First look at the graph, read the x and y axes labels. Did they even graph the data correctly? Answer the following questions:
- What is wrong with the Y axis?
- What do the diamonds represent?
- What do the squares represent?
- They decided to use a trend line.
- Consider the data…was a trend line appropriate for the squares? Why or Why not?
- Consider the data…was a trend line appropriate for the diamonds? Why or Why not?
- What would have been a better way of presenting the data?
- Once you have figured out what the student was trying to show THEN try writing a figure caption that tells a better story.