Question: fla a manufacturer of parts for the air craft industry...
FLA a manufacturer of parts for the air craft industry , sells $ 3,000,000 of six year,6% bonds priced to yield 7.2%. the bonds are dated July 1 , 2020 but due to some regulatory hurdles are not issued until December 1, 2020. interest is payable annually on June 30 each year . FLA can call the bonds on July 1 ,2024 , at 102. the bonds sell for $2,838,944 plus accrued interest. FLA sells shares to the public for the first time in early 2023 . they use part of the LPO(initial public offering) proceeds to buy back $1,000,000(face value) of the bonds in the open market on July 1,2023. FLA pays a total of $950,000 to reacquire the bonds and retires them. On July 1 2024, FLA calls the remaining bonds and retires them. The company's year -end is June 30.
a) Prepare a bond amortization spreadsheet using an appropriate format. Include the partial redemption of bonds on July 1 , 2023 ?
b) Prepare journal enteries to record:
1. The issuance of the bonds on December 1, 2020 , assuming that FLA adopted a policy of crediting interest payable for the accrued interest on the date of sale;
2. Payment of interest and related amortization on June 30 ,2021;
3. Payment of interest and related amortization on June 30 ,2023;
4. Repurchase of the bonds on July 1,2023;
5. Payment of interest and related amortization on June 30 ,2024;
6. Repurchase of the bonds on July 1, 2024.