Question: food technology question 2 10 marks 1 develop a preference...
Question 2 10 marks
1. Develop a preference test to assess consumer preferences for a product of your choice, for example cola drinks, breakfast cereals or chocolate milk.
2. Organise for a panel of at least four people to rate the product.
3. Conduct the test in line with the following guidelines:
The test should evaluate only one characteristic of the food. All samples should be:
– of similar amount
– served at similar temperatures
– presented in containers of the same size, colour, shape and materials
– all samples identified with numbers or letters.
· The panel should be:
– not eat for at least 30 mins before tasting
– provided with water or plain biscuit or bread in between tasting
· The environment should be:
– well lit
– well ventilated
– a comfortable temperature
– free from distractions
4. Complete a report on this preference test, approximately 300 words in length.
· Include an aim, method, questions asked, a results table and conclusion.
· Attach all completed participant forms.