Question: given the undamped springmass system 1 the weight is 8...
Given the undamped spring/mass system;
1. The weight is 8 N (Newtons)
2. The spring constant is 100 N/m
3. The length of the spring is 2 m.
4. At t=0, the spring is compressed 0.5 m, making the length 1.5 m.
5. Down is the postive direction
Determine the maximum displacement of the spring caused by the weight of the mass. (Include units)
Determine the equilibrium position including units of the spring with the mass attached (if the mass is not moving.)
What is the restoring force of the spring at length 3.15 m?