Question: how does the conversion of energy happen in the fluid...
- How does the conversion of energy happen in the fluid machineries?
- What is the maximum theoretical suction head of hydraulic pumps? Would in be possible for pumps to work with this theoretical suction head? Explain.
- Under what reason do we prefer to have reaction ratio of axial compressor as R=0,57
- Why do we use diffusers in compressors? Explain in detail.
- What is the maximum length of the suction pipe of pumps? Why is there a limit for suction pipe length?
- Show that in the Pelton turbine the theoretical energy transfer, E, is maximum or hydraulic efficiency is 100 percent when (bucket angle) = 180 by differentiating the equation stated blow with respect to U. Is it possible to have (bucket angle) = 180 in practical applications? If it is not, Why?
- Do you prefer having hydroelectric power station instead of thermal power stations? Explain your opinions.
- What precautions should you take when you design and run a radial compressor?
- Explain why dissimilar pumps should not be arranged in series or parallel.
- What is the essential difference between the reaction rotor and impeller wheel?
- Why do you think, in practice, the deflection angle is in the order of 160-165 is Pelton wheel?
- Why do we use guide vanes in turbine?
- How can you keep the performance of axial compressors maximum?