Please read the following article from the link above. It is optional to watch the clip. This outlines practical and useful strategies on the importance of transitions for children
Read the scenario about Tom.
- Tom is going to be attending care every Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.
- Tom has a bright and confident personality. However, he does become shy in unfamiliar settings.
- Tom has asthma and does not eat green foods
- Tom has 1 younger sister who is 2 yrs old.
- This is Tom’s 1st time in care.
Answer The Questions About Tom:
- What would the “perfect” orientation procedure look like for Tom who is 3yrs 9months of age?
- What information would you need to find out to enable you to effectively and responsively care for this child?
- How would you best support Tom’s emotional and physical needs?
- How would you establish Tom’s sense of belonging, security and trust?