1. Engineering
  2. Chemical Engineering
  3. i dont need you to solve this question i just...

Question: i dont need you to solve this question i just...

Question details
I don’t need you to solve this question I just need someone to help me fill out the blanks for the number of unknowns and so on !
. An equimolar mixture of benzene and toluene is fed into a distillation tower with a flow rate of 150 mol/s. The vapor leaving the top of the column (stream A) contains 95% benzene. * The stream leaving the condenser is fed to a valve, and 1/3 of this stream is returned to the column (stream B) and the remainder is withdrawn as the distillate stream (stream C). The distillate stream (stream C) contains 80% of the benzene that is fed to the column in stream F. The liquid stream leaving the bottom of the tower (stream D) s fed to a reboiler, where 40% of the Eboue. feed is vaporized and recycled to the column (Stream E), while the other 60% is withdrawn as the bottoms product (Stream G). The ratio ofthe mole fraction ofbenzene in the vapor stream E to that in stream G is given is 1.50. · · a) Completely label the flow chart. b) Do a degree of freedom analysis on the following: Liquid E i. Overall number of unknowns: number of material balances: number of additional equations. degree of freedom (names (species: (names of equations: ii. Tower number of unknowns: names number of material balances: species number of additional equations:.(names of equations: degree of freedom (names: (species: iii Reboiler number of unknowns: number of material balances: number of additional equations..(names of equations: degree of freedom -
Solution by an expert tutor
Blurred Solution
This question has been solved
Subscribe to see this solution