Question: ii corporate culture case address the questions in the case...
II. Corporate Culture Case
Address the questions in the case using concepts and theories from the text to support your argument.
You are a corporate vice president of one of the largest units in your organization. Unfortunately, you have noticed over the past few years that your unit has developed a singular focus on profits, since employees’ performance appraisals and resulting compensation increases are based in significant part on “making the numbers.” Though the unit has done well in this regard, you have noticed that people have been known to cut corners, to treat others less respectfully than you would like, and to generally disregard other values in favor of the bottom line. While this might be beneficial to the firm in the short run, you have grave concerns about the long-term sustainability of this approach.
- What are the ethical issues involved in striving to define or impact the culture of a unit?
- How might you go about defining the culture of your unit so that employees might be able to understand your concerns?
- What will be the most effective means by which to alter this culture?
- What stakeholders would be involved in your suggestion in response to the previous question? How might the different stakeholder groups be impacted by your decision on this process?
- How can you act in order to ensure the most positive results? How will you measure those results or determine your success? Will you measure inputs or outcomes, responsibilities, and rights?