Question: in your own words complete the assessment using the following...
IN YOUR OWN WORDS!!!!!!
Complete the assessment using the following:
· National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education and Care
· Relevant learning framework (EYLF or VEYLDF)
· National Quality Standard (NQS)
· Code of Ethics
· Rights of the Child
· Rights of Indigenous People
1. What are some of the critical issues that influence relationships and communication with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people? (consider the impact our shared history)
2. How has European colonisation, loss of land and culture and the Stolen Generation contributed to the ill health and ‘intergenerational trauma’ experienced by many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people?
3. How do western systems and structures impact on our developing trusting relationships Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples? (‘consider dominant culture’)
4. Why is it important to establish key aspects of cultural safety in consultation with local Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people?
5. What communication techniques and work practices should be used show respect for the cultural differences of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people?
6. Why is it important to involve Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people in evaluations of programs and to revise our strategies and approaches based on these evaluations and feedback?
7. What can we use to measure the success of our cultural safety strategies?