Question: instructions please answer the following questions in essay format no...
Please answer the following questions in essay format (no bullet points). Make use of the correct aerodynamic terminology. You can keep the answers short and concise, about 5 sentences. The sketches need to be manually drawn by hand and scanned/inserted into the pdf document for submission.
NEED TO SHOW UR WORKING
Watch the following video until 2:19
Cylinder in Wind Tunnel
1. Draw the airflow around the cylinder from the video. Label the separation point of the airflow on the cylinder?
2. Decide whether the airflow from the video is laminar or turbulent and explain why?
3. Explain, using aerodynamic terminology why a golf ball flies further if it has dimples. Include the following points in the discussion?
• Reynolds number
• Laminar flow
• Turbulent flow
• Separation point
NACA0012 Airfoil in Wind Tunnel
4. What is the max camber, position of max camber and thickness of a NACA0012 airfoil?
Watch the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_WgkVQWtno&list=RDCMUC4DbHLHAEty9FVFNUgPJTZQ&index=1
5. Compare a flat plate vs droplet airfoil. Why is it better to use droplet shaped airfoil compared to flat plate airfoil?
6. Draw the airflow around a flat plate and a NACA0012 at 10 degrees AOA. Identify the separation point and estimate the position as % of chord?
7. Draw the airflow around a flat plate and a NACA0012 at 45 degrees AOA. Identify the separation point and estimate the position as % of chord. Does the airflow pattern look the same or different?
8. Draw the airflow around a NACA0012 airfoil with plain flap deflected down for ZERO lift.?
9. Include the chord line in your drawing and estimate the AOA.?
10. Draw the airflow around a NACA0012 airfoil with a split flap?
11. Explain why the drag of the split flap is higher as compared to the plain flap?
Slotted flap (Trailing Edge [TE])
12. Draw the airflow around a NACA0012 airfoil with a slotted TE flap?
13. How does a slotted flap improve the aerodynamic behavior?
Slotted flap (Leading Edge [LE])
14. Draw the airflow around a NACA0012 airfoil with a slotted LE flap?
15. Indicate the separation point when the slotted LE flap is fully extended at an AOA of 20deg. How does the slot increase lift?