Question: interpersonal communication subject social exchange is your relationship worthwhile...
Interpersonal Communication Subject
Social Exchange - Is your relationship worthwhile?
Analyzing Relationships Through Social Exchange
Consider two important relationships in your life. While we like to think that we are in equal, reciprocal relationships, that is sadly not always the case. In this exercise, you will utilize the social exchange theory to diagram a relationship.
Include the following in your post:
- A brief description of the relationship and the person.
- The rewards of being in a relationship with this person (these can be tangible or not)
- The costs of maintaining this relationship (again, tangible or not).
- The projected outcome (will you likely maintain or end this relationship?).
An entry might look something like this:
- My friend, Diana, who I have known since 2007 when we worked at SJSU together.
- She is a great listener, we share many of the same values, she’s an introvert like me, we work in the same field, so I can bounce ideas off of her, and she’s a good movie buddy.
- Some of our key hobbies are very different. She lives in a different state, so I don’t get to see her as often.
- The rewards far outweigh the costs, so I will maintain this friendship. Please help me Zookal experts, I need your help thank you.