Question: kants meansends categorical imperative states that we should never use...
- Kant’s means/ends categorical imperative states that we should never use another as a means to an end. True False
- For Mill the highest value (he uses the word “pleasure”) is autonomy. True False
- May’s model provides a justification to give key personnel jail time only if they have intentionally participated in the harm. True False
- Under Freeman’s Principle of Director Responsibility, directors are to make decisions with stockholders foremost in their consideration. True False
- Autonomy is a prerequisite for ethics. True False
- Donaldson wants to avoid absolutism, but embraces it in one aspect of his “test” for doing business abroad. True False
- Sass endorses the market theory of equals. True False
- Singer considers it charity to give money to the needy. True False
- Shiva assumes that all development is welcome. True False
Multiple Choice: Circle the correct answer
- Advantages to May’s model include: a) it is more effective than shame; b) it motivates key personnel to do their duty; c) it imposes stricter fines; d) it allows for more OSHA visits; e) a & b; f) b & d
- Donaldson’s type 1 conflict involves: a) an application of the same standards in the host and home countries; b) a cultural conflict; c) allowing “lower” standards in the host country.
- Your favorite topic thus far: a) human rights; b) international business; c) property rights; d) corporate responsibility.