Question: match the part of the microscopes with the description of...
Match the part of the Microscopes with the description of its function.
1) The bottom of the microscope
2) Located in the base; illuminates the slide
3) The platform that the slide rests on
4) Concentrates the lights on the specimen
5) Attached to the condensor; regulates the amount of light passing through the condensor
6) Used to focus on the specimen when the lower power objective is in place
7) Used for precise focusing
8) Supports the ocular lens on the top and the objective lenses on the bottom
9) Vertical portion of the microscope that connects the base to the head
10) Attached go the head; also known as the eyepiece
11) Attached to the objective lenses ; rotated to change which objective lens the specimen is being viewed through
12) Attached to the nosepiece; provides varying levels of maginification depending on which one is in place
13) Adjusts the location of the slide so it can be lined up under the objective lens
( Iris diaphragm lever, base, fine focus adjustment knob, stage adjustment knobs, arm, ocular lens, objective lenses, light, stage, head, nosepiece, coarse focus adjustment knob, condensor)