Question: measuring a cylinder vernier micrometer examine each step below...
Measuring a Cylinder - Vernier Micrometer
Examine each step below for measuring the diameter and height of a cylinder using a Vernier Micrometer. Correctly order each step in the process.
- Be sure that the locknut is loose.
- Open the spindle.
- When contact is made, turn the ratchet stop. When the proper pressure is reached, the ratchet will turn without moving the spindle.
- Read the measurement as discussed in the next section.
- Tighten the locknut.
- Close the spindle to ensure the measurement of zero on the scale.
- Hold the micrometer in your right hand with your little finger pressing the frame against the palm. The fourth finger will be placed just above the locknut. You will use your thumb and index finger to turn the thimble. The middle finger will be used intermittently for support. Hold the workpiece in your left hand and place it between the anvil and the spindle. Turn the thimble with the sleeve until contact is made.