Question: mrs kitchen wants to increase the amount of studying in...
Mrs. Kitchen wants to increase the amount of studying in her third grade class. She assigns them a task of creating sentences for each of their ten spelling words. She decides that she will walk around the room and grade their sentences as soon as they are done. Each child would be allowed to play outside once they have 10 good sentences written. She found that the time it took to get the sentences done decreased with this approach. One child, Izzy, does not get his work done and enjoys staying and talking to Mrs. Kitchen.
- What behavior does Mrs. Kitchen want to change?
- What is the operant behavior for most of the students?
- What is the stimulus?
- Is this an immediate or delayed reinforce and why?
- What type of contingency is being used?
- What is the reinforcer for Izzy?