Question: part 1 workplace scenarioinstructionsandmiddotandnbspandnbspandnbspandnbspandnbspandnbspandnbspandnbsp complete all the questionsandmiddotandnbspandnbspandnbspandnbspandnbspandnbspandnbspandnbsp place your...
Part 1: Workplace scenario
· Complete all the questions
· Place your answers below each question
If you referred to other sources, please include references.
Case study senario:
Bob works in maintenance section of Moo Moo Council a large metropolitan based Local Council. Once a year Bob’s supervisor gives away surplus furniture & office equipment to the local Salvation Army or some such charity. The giveaway is approved by the Council General Manager. No specific records are kept of this type of transaction.
Bob really needs really needs a filing cabinet and desk for his small backyard furniture repair business. Bob is requested by his supervisor to deliver the surplus office equipment to the Salvation Army. Bob has not asked his supervisor for the filing cabinet & desk but has decided he will drop them to his place on the way to the Salvation Army with the other surplus equipment.
Answer the following five (5) questions:
1. What ethical problem is Bob having – what decision is he struggling with?
2. How will the following people be affected by Bob’s decision if he decides to keep the surplus funiture?
a. Bob’s supervisor
c. Salvation Army
3. Using the knowledge, you have gained in this subject - if you were advising Bob what would you tell him to do?
4. What preventative strategies could the council put in place to avoid similar situations?