Think about the behaviour expectations of children within the 3-5 year old room, if you were on placement.
Please complete the following:
1a. Why do you think it is important not to use the word "No" when supporting behaviours in children?
b. You see Jack (3.5 yr old) hitting another child as he wants his toy truck back. Instead of using the word "No", how could you best support Jack's behaviour? What would you say, do, act? Think about The "Secret Approach" by Jeanette Harrison
2. Should logical consequencing be introduced? Explain your response
3. Should children be involved in all aspects of decision making within their environment? Explain your response
4. Should environments adopt a "Problem Solving" philosophy? Explain your response
5. Should we establish group limits, expectations and consequences for children? Explain your response
1. What do you already know about children’s behaviour?
2. What types of behaviour do you think you are going to find challenging on placement?
I have attached some resources to help support your responses.
/content/enforced/709739-MULT-124969/Phrases to say instead of no and dont.pdf
/content/enforced/709739-MULT-124969/Strategies to guide childrens behaviour.pdf
/content/enforced/709739-MULT-124969/Attention seeking & disruptive behaviours.pdf