Question: photosynthesis lab report plant structure and function through the process...
Photosynthesis Lab Report
- Plant Structure and Function
- Through the process called __________ plants convert light energy into
__________ energy. Record your answer below.
- In which structure of the plant does photosynthesis occur?
- What is the difference between xylem and phloem?
- Based on lab, Exercise 1, what is the name and function of the structure labeled with the letter “H”?
- Based on Lab, Exercise 2, draw and label each part of the chloroplast. Sign, date and prepare an image of your drawing and include it with this lab report.
- What part of the process of photosynthesis occurs in the thylakoid compartment?
- What is the name and function of the structure labeled with the letter “E” in Exercise 2?
- Photosynthetic Products
- What are the three products of photosynthesis?
- What happens to the glucose that is not metabolized immediately?
- In the test for starch, which tube demonstrated a positive test for starch? How do you know?
- Based on Lab, Exercise 3 explain why part of the leaf was amber in color.
- Light Absorption
- What pigment is used by plants to absorb light?
- In the video demonstration in Exercise 4 what happens to the light spectrum when a green filter is placed in front of the light source?
- In step 3 of Exercise 4, which color was not absorbed by the spinach pigments?
- Photosynthetic Pigments
- What process is used in Exercise 5 to separate the plant pigments?
- Look at the chromatogram results in Exercise 5. What color is reflected by chlorophyll a?
- Which pigment reflected an orange color?
VI. Effect of Light and Temperature on Photosynthesis
- What was the conclusion of Blackman’s first experiment on the effect of light on photosynthesis?
- In his second experiment, what effect did increasing temperature have on the rate of photosynthesis?
- Record the data from Exercise 6 below.
- In the experiment in Exercise 6, what conclusion can be drawn about the effect of light and temperature on rate of photosynthesis?
- Why do heterotrophs depend on autotrophs?
- Name two reactants necessary for photosynthesis to occur.
- How would the process of photosynthesis be affected if a plant had no stomata?
- What tool is used to separate white light into different wavelengths of color?
- Explain why we see the color green on the leaves of plants.
- What color is absorbed the least by the petals on a sunflower?
- Photosynthesis consists of two phases. Which phase would be least affected by living in an area where there are shorter days and long periods of darkness?
- How could air pollution affect food production and the price you pay for food at the supermarket?