Please ensure that your responses are detailed to demonstrate the required criteria.
Use the following documents to assist you with answering these questions:
- National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education and Care
- National Quality Standard NQS
- The early years Learning Framework for Australia, EYLF
- Victorian early Years Learning and Development Framework, VEYLDF
- Developmental milestones
- Services behaviour and guidance policy
You service is a ‘Sunsmart’ centre and has a ‘no hat – no play’ policy. The children in your room are preparing to go outside but some children are refusing to put on their hats and sunscreen. When you question them, you discover that one of them, Blair (4yrs) has lost his hat, but was too embarrassed to tell anyone. He says he wants to go out and play with his friends and bursts into tears.
How do you respond to Blair and the other children? How do you explain the importance of being sun smart and the need for appropriate clothing to protect ourselves when playing outside? What are the benefits for children (Consider Sunsmart recommendations and service policies.) http://www.sunsmart.com.au/