1. Engineering
  2. Chemical Engineering
  3. please help...

Question: please help...

Question details

3. An equimolar mixture of benzene and toluene is fed into a distillation tower with a flow rate of 150 mol/s. . The vapor leaving the top of the column (stream A) contains 95% benzene. The stream leaving the condenser is fed to a valve, and 1/3 of this stream is returned to the column (stream B) and the remainder is withdrawn as the distillate stream (stream C) The distillate stream (stream C) contains 80% of the benzene that is fed to the column in stream F. The liquid stream leaving the bottom of the tower (stream D) is fed to a reboiler, where 40% of the reboiler feed is vaporized and recycled to the column (Stream E), while the other 60% is withdrawn as the bottoms product (Stream G) The ratio of the mole fraction of benzene in the vapor stream E to that in stream G is given is 1.50. . » .

a) Completely label the flow chart. Liquid E b) Do a degree of freedom analysis on the following:

1. Overall number of unknownS: (names: number of material balances: (species: number of additional equations:_ __(names of equations degree of free domm ii. Tower number of unknowns: (names: number of material balances: (species: number of additional (names of equations: equations: degree of freedomm iii Reboiler number of unknowns: (names: number of material balances: (species: number of additional equations: (names of equations: degree of freedomm

Calculate the following; show all your C) work on the next page. Stream A: molar flow rate: mole/s Stream B: molar flow rate: mole/s Stream C: molar flow rate: mole/s Stream D: molar flow rate: mole/s; mole fraction of benzene: Stream E: molar flow rate: mole/s; mole fraction of benzene: Stream G: molar flow rate: mole/s; mole fraction of benzene: When writing equations, identify the unit operation, and species that is being balanced, or the name of the type of equation

please help!

Solution by an expert tutor
Blurred Solution
This question has been solved
Subscribe to see this solution