1. Engineering
  2. Chemical Engineering
  3. please someone help me with this question f is the...

Question: please someone help me with this question f is the...

Question details
Please someone help me with this question! F is the feeding stream
3. An equimolar mixture of benzene and toluene is fed into a distillation tower with a flow rate of 150 mols. *The stream leaving the condenser is fed to a valve, and 1/3 of this stream is returned to the column * The distillate stream (stream C) contains 80% ofthe benzene that is fed to the column in stream F. The vapor leaving the top ofthe column (stream A) contains 95% benzene. (stream B) and the remainder is withdrawn as the distillate stream (stream C) The liquid stream leaving the bottom of the tower (stream D) s fed to a reboiler, where 40% of the mboue feed is vaporized and recycled to the column (Stream L),while the other 60% is withdrawn as the bottoms product (Stream G). The ratio of the mole fraction of benzene in the vapor stream E to that in stream G is given is 1.50. * a) Completely label the flow chart. b) Do a degree of freedom analysis on the following: c . Liquid E i. Overall number of unknowns(names number of material balances: number of additional cquations:. (names of equations: degree of freedom ii. Towernmber of unknowns:(names: number of material balances:(species number of additional cquations. (names of equations degree of freedom - (names number of material balances: number of additional equations.. degree of freedom + (names of equations Calculate the following; show all your work on the next page. Stream A: molar flow rats. moles Stream B: molar flow rate Stream C: molar flow rate:moles Stream D: molar flow rat c) moles moles: mole fraction of benzene
Stream E: molar flow rate: mole/s; mole fraction of benzene: Stream G: molar flow rate. mole/s; mole fraction of benzene: When writing equations, idenify the unit operation, and specis hat is being balanced,or the name of the type of equation.
Solution by an expert tutor
Blurred Solution
This question has been solved
Subscribe to see this solution