1. Engineering
  2. Mechanical Engineering
  3. problem 4 simple heat transfer g wall used to predict...

Question: problem 4 simple heat transfer g wall used to predict...

Question details

Problem #4: Simple heat transfer g wall used to predict the steady-state heat flow is based on the following layers of materials - Outer facade layer 4-inch thick brick (k 0.9 Btu/h ft F) - Middle structure /insulation layer with thickness 5.5 inches. The structural portion is Sheathing layer with an overall R value of R-1 (in I-P units) 10% of the overall cross-section and insultation is the remaining 90% of the cross- section. The structural wood has a thermal resistance of R 1.25/inch and the insulation has a total R value of R-19 Inner wall covering of dry wall with R-0.56. What is the overall R value and rate of heat flow through this wall of total area-200 ft2 and outdoor temperature of 25 °F and indoor temperature of 70 °F?
Solution by an expert tutor
Blurred Solution
This question has been solved
Subscribe to see this solution