Question: ques andnbspandnbspandnbsp yearly optometrist assessment identify the purpose of...
Ques: . yearly optometrist assessment ( identify the PURPOSE of this intervention by discussing what pathophysiological changes, specific to Mehmet, that the intervention is intended to detect. You need to identify what health impact
Mehmet Yavuz is 62 yo. He presented to the clinic and after having an HbA1c test (result 9%) was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes mellitus.
His cardiovascular risk was > 15% http://www.cvdcheck.org.au/
His renal health screen showed an eGFR 90 mL/min/1.73m2 with microalbuminuria of 3.5 mg/mmol.
He attended a podiatry appointment which detected decreased dorsalis pedis and posterior tibialis pulses in both legs .
Management of his condition now includes the following:
- Exercise: at least 150 minutes of aerobic and 60 minutes of resistance exercise each week
- Diet: a plan worked out with an accredited dietician based on the Australian Dietary Guidelines (2013).
- Drug use: smoking cessation plan to stop cigarette use; alcohol consumption reduction to 1 - 2 full strength beers every second day
- Weight loss: Mehmet aims to lose 5 kg over the first 6 - 8 weeks after diagnosis
- Jardiamet (empagliflozin 5mg, metformin 500 mg), twice daily, with or after food
- ramipril 5 mg, daily
- Rosuzet (rosuvastatin 20mg, ezetimibe 10mg), daily
- HbA1c: every 3 months
- lipid profile: every 3 months
- renal function assessment: annually
- podiatrist assessment: at least once a year
- optometrist assessment: at least once a year