Question: researchers have developed a number of theories to explain motivation...
Researchers have developed a number of theories to explain motivation, and each theory contributes to a better understanding of motivation. In this module, you have read about drive reduction and arousal theory, behavioral and social-cognitive theories, and Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. In this activity, you will write a 3-5 page essay that discusses different theories of motivation.
- Describe how psychologists define and classify motivation, and evaluate various theories that explain motivation.
- Discuss eating behavior, eating disorders, and factors that contribute to individual differences in body weight.
- Explore how sexual attitudes and behavior vary across cultures and genders.
- Review recent research related to sexual orientation and how attitudes toward homosexuality have changed in recent years.
- Describe the four phases of the human sexual response cycle.