Question: responses should be anywhere between 12 paragraphs 1 define and...
Responses should be anywhere between 1-2 paragraphs
1. Define and provide examples of prejudice, stereotypes, and discrimination.
2. Provide an example of hostile sexism and an example of benevolent sexism.
3. Gordon Allport (1958) stated: “The role of religion is paradoxical. It makes prejudice and it unmakes prejudice.” Explain the research that indicates that this is true. (
4. Discuss how the group definition of who you are (i.e., your race, religion, gender, academic major, etc..) may promote an ingroup bias.
5. Explain how a belief in the just-world phenomena might affect social services for people in poverty. (page 330)
6. Based on Myers’ discussion of the social sources of prejudice, explain at least two ways to reduce prejudice in America.
7. How are discriminations and the self-fulfilling prophecy concept related?