Question: scenario ohn is a 85 year old male who has...
O.H.N. is a 85 year old male who has been
diagnosed with the following health conditions:
- Diabetes (diagnosed since 68 years old)
- Hypertension (diagnosed since 50 years old)
- High Cholesterol (diagnosed since 65 years old)
- Obesity (diagnosed since 65 years old)
- Gum Disease (diagnosed since 55 years old)
- The following medications have been prescribed:
- Tanzieum – taken once weekly
- O.H.N. often has dry mouth which affects the way food tastes and his bridge fits his mouth.
- O.H.N. is living in a low-income seniors’ apartment in the community.
- O.H.N. has Medicare and Medicaid for his insurances.
- O.H.N. has meals delivered through Meals on Wheels, based upon recommendations from the registered dietitian.
- O.H.N. has three children who take him out to dinner occasionally (birthdays/holidays).
O.H.N. has mints in his pocket which he takes often when his mouth is too dry and also often drinks carbonated beverages to keep his mouth moist
- What processes or procedures are necessary to safeguard O.H.N. from experiencing an adverse effects related to his oral health and nutrition? (Note: Think Interagency – Team-based approach).